Frank M. Correll serves as the co-chair of the Bankruptcy/Corporate Restructuring Department. Mr. Correll represents many regional and national businesses in a broad range of litigation matters in both federal and state courts. He also represents many national and regional banks and lending institutions in workout and bankruptcy matters. Mr. Correll also represents a number of clients in the acquisition, leasing, financing and development of commercial and residential real estate.
In addition, Mr. Correll has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® consecutively since 2006 by a vote of his peers.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D. (1987)
Ursinus College, B.A. (1983)
Ursinus College Board of Trustees
Counsel and Member, Board of Directors,
Police Athletic League
Philadelphia and Pennsylvania Bar Associations
Awards and Honors
Recipient, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association Trial Advocacy Award
"Commercial Mortgage Loan Purchase and Sale Revisited," accredited CLE presentation by Frank Correll, Jr. with Gregory G. Gosfield, Jennifer O'Leary and Jon S. Robins, February 15, 2012
"Guaranties: Enforcement and Defenses in Trying Times," accredited CLE presentation by Frank Correll, Jr. with Gregory G. Gosfield and Anthony P. Tabasso, October 17, 2012
"Grabbing the Collateral: Dispossession, Repossession and Disposition of Mortgaged Property," presentation by Frank Correll, Jr., Gregory G. Gosfield and Gary S. Master, CPA to Pennsylvania Bar Institute, December 6, 2012, 16th Annual Real Estate Institute
Mr. Correll's more noteworthy representations include:
- Represented a private equity mezzanine fund in the workout of a 35 million dollar real estate loan in Florida;
- Represented a national healthcare lender in the bankruptcy of a 300,000 square foot hospital site in Indianapolis;
- Currently represents the purchaser of a securitized loan portfolio in the workout and restructure of the loans purchased. Performed due diligence relating to the underlying bankruptcy of the original lender, the securitization and the collateral for the loans;
- Successfully defended a large regional bank in a lender liability action with damages claimed in excess of 10 million dollars wherein Mr. Correll obtained summary judgment and dismissal of the claim; and
- Mr. Correll also provides counsel services to many regional and local banking institutions with respect to financing transactions, litigation representation and bankruptcy representation.
- Represented a national retailer in a breach of contract action;
- Successfully represented a corporation in enforcing a restrictive covenant against a former employee;
- Successfully defended a regional real estate company in an action brought by the purchaser of a 300 plus unit residential hi-rise alleging fraud, breach of contract, and negligence wherein the purchaser sought recission of the purchase;
- Successfully obtained an injunction against a major regional rail line for its violation of the mandated procedures in awarding construction contracts on public construction projects;
- Successfully defended a local real estate developer in a racial discrimination action;
- Currently represents numerous developers and construction companies in construction related litigation; and
- Currently represents numerous corporate clients in collection related litigation.
- Represented a regional developer in acquisitions of office buildings, apartment buildings and retail malls, as well as the development of a 250,000 sq. ft. outlet center in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania;
- Represented a South Jersey developer in the acquisition of a 200 acre real estate parcel from the bankrupt owner and the development of a 27 hole golf course outside of Avalon, New Jersey; and
- Represented a local builder in the acquisition, financing and development of numerous residential building sites in the tri-county area.