Adrienne C. Beatty concentrates her practice in corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity financing, fund formation, corporate governance issues, and other contractual and transactional matters. She represents venture capital firms and start-up companies in connection with formation and organizational issues, negotiation of shareholder agreements, limited liability company and partnership agreements, and private equity offerings. Adrienne has also counseled banks and non-bank financial service companies on a range of consumer financial service matters such as fair lending, Electronic Fund Transfer Act (Regulation E), Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state retail installment sale laws and debt collection. Before joining the firm, Adrienne was an associate at a nationally recognized, AmLaw 200 firm.
In law school, Adrienne interned for the Honorable Judge Juan Sánchez in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and for the Honorable Judge Thomas Branca in the Montgomery Co. Court of Common Pleas. She was also the Articles Editor of the Villanova Law Review.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D. (2014)
Colgate University, B.A., cum laude (2011)
Awards and Honors
Articles Editor, Villanova Law Review
"Newly Adopted OCC Raise Institutional and Personal Exposure for Banks and Bankers," co-author, Journal of Taxation and Regulation of Financial Instiutions, Vol. 90, No. 2, Winter 2017
"Window Shopping on Healthcare.gov and the State-Based Marketplaces: More Consumer Support is Needed," co-author, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Data Brief, December 17, 2014
- Represented information technology and managed services seller in stock acquisition by private equity buyer;
- Represented private equity firm specializing in alternative financing for both Native American and traditional financial technology companies in the origination of asset-based commercial lending facilities, and the subsequent securitization and assignment thereof;
- Represented private equity firm in acquisition of substantially all assets of specialty chemical manufacturer;
- Represented investor in new business venture involving technology and brand licensing agreements, manufacturing agreements and servicing agreements;
- Represented investor in cross-border joint venture with Colombian business conglomerate involving construction of hotel and casino;
- Counseled publicly held bank holding company in connection with the acquisition of subsidiary bank and insurance agencies;
- Represented non-bank lender in design and launch of online lending platform and assisted client with ongoing compliance and revisions to form documents in connection with loan portfolios;
- Advised tribal entity and investors in startup of bank holding company and acquisition of national bank charter;
- Counseled biotechnology company with regard to SEC filings and disclosures in connection with crowdfunding venture;
- Advised fintech startup companies in the formation and organization of LLC agreement and other organizational agreements; and
- Represented bank that suffered a data breach by assisting with customer notification process and advised client on implementation of internal controls to prevent against future breaches.