Jonathan Maslow is a partner in the firm's Real Estate and Finance Department. Jonathan represents equity investors, owners and developers in commercial real estate transactions, including entity, asset and portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leasing, sale leasebacks and financings.
Mr. Maslow is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and is a 2007 cum laude graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law and a 2000 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Maslow is also a LEED Accredited Professional (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
In 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, Mr. Maslow was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Star.
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2007)
University of Pennsylvania, B.A. (2000)
University of Pennsylvania, Masters of Environmental Science (2001)
Awards and Honors
Lead Research Editor, Temple Law Review; Nat N. Wolfsohn Memorial Award in Real Property; TASA Prize for Outstanding Performance in the Field of Evidence; J. Howard Reber Memorial Award
Co-author, “Next Steps: The Green Movement Presses Forward,” Shopping Center Legal Update, Fall/Winter 2009
“Changing Captains Midtrip: Pennsylvania and the Substitution of Judges in State Criminal Trials,” 79 Temp. L. Rev. 1355, 2006
- Represented a multi-family property development company in the sale of two (2) residential apartment buildings, each valued at over $20MM, and with each transaction structured as an entity purchase agreement. In addition to the negotiation of the interest purchase agreement and ancillary transaction documents, the representation included substantial negotiation regarding the scope of non-imputation indemnifications required by the purchaser’s title insurance carrier;
- Represented a national student housing provider (i) in the acquisition of a 219 unit scattered site apartment portfolio for $31MM, and (ii) four (4) separate multi-parcel assemblage acquisitions;
- Represented a national real estate developer and investor in the purchase of a $44MM interest in an existing development project, with the transaction structured as an entity purchase and recapitalization;
- Acted as real estate counsel for a private equity firm in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a leading convenience store business located in the Midwest. The transaction involved the acquisition of a portfolio of approximately 150 owned and leased convenience stores, and the simultaneous sale leaseback of approximately 90 of the acquired stores in separate master leases;
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of approximately $410MM of restaurant properties in two separate transactions, and the simultaneous negotiation of divestment agreements covering an additional $590MM of properties. Representation included negotiation of single and master lease divestment leases, and a sale leaseback component where approximately 18 of the acquired properties were sold to a third party provider and leased back pursuant to a master lease;
- Represented a national real estate development and management company in the acquisition of a 250-unit apartment complex for $70MM, including converting the original asset deal into an entity purchase transaction;
- $66,650,000 disposition of two mobile home parks, including negotiation of loan assumption agreement;
- Due diligence review for $16,000,000 acquisition of four adult health-care facilities;
- Dispositions of various multi-family apartment communities valued at over $20,000,000 for national landlord;
- Documenting and closing real estate and asset-based loan transactions for various lenders;
- Disposition of fifty low-income housing units as part of a public housing authority planned community; and
- Drafting and filing various pleading in eminent domain, foreclosure and mechanics’ lien matters.