Denise M. Day serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Real Estate and Finance Department.
Since joining the firm, Ms. Day's practice has been focused on representing local and national developers and investors in the acquisition, development, construction, financing, repositioning, restructuring and disposition of various property types, including office, apartment, hotel, retail, residential, and mixed use. She has extensive experience in structuring real estate transactions, negotiating construction loans and senior and subordinated securitized and conventional loan arrangements, and in negotiating loan workouts and restructurings. She has also represented lenders in real estate and commercial loan originations and loan restructurings and workouts.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Day was affiliated with a national banking institution, concentrating in real estate financing and special assets workouts.
Temple University School of Law, J.D. (1989)
Temple University, B.A. (1985)
- Representing multifamily/extended stay owner in the acquisition and/or financing of numerous mixed use properties in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, New York City and northern New Jersey;
- Representing a publicly traded REIT in the financing of multiple regional shopping malls and power centers;
- Representing a prominent multifamily owner in the acquisition, disposition, recapitalization, and refinancing of its portfolio properties in the tri-state area;
- Representing one of the largest retail power center operators in the Philadelphia metropolitan area in the financing of multiple power centers and other assets in the Philadelphia region;
- Representing a local real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition, financing, construction, development and refinancing of numerous office and mixed use properties in the tri-state area;
- Representing a large real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of a national department store chain, a national parking operator and in the acquisition, construction, redevelopment, financing, refinancing and disposition of numerous office, apartment, student housing, condominium and hotel properties;
- Representing multiple owners/developers in loans for the ground up construction of student housing properties containing in excess of 2,500 beds located at numerous universities;
- Representing the owner/developer in connection with the acquisition and financing of an 11 building rental apartment portfolio comprised of 500 apartment units and approximately 42 commercial units;
- Representing the owner/developer in loans for the ground up construction of multiple large scale multi-family/extended stay properties in the Philadelphia suburbs;
- Representing the owner/developer in connection with the mortgage and mezzanine refinancing of a Class A apartment complex containing in excess of 1,000 apartment units, ground floor retail, an office building and a parking garage;
- Representing the owner in connection with the refinancing of a hotel which included new markets tax credits.