Denise M. Day is a partner with Klehr, Harrison, Harvey, Branzburg LLP and is a member of the Firm's Real Estate and Finance Department. Before joining the firm, Ms. Day was affiliated with a national banking institution, concentrating in real estate financing and special assets workouts.
Since joining the firm in 1991, Ms. Day's practice has been focused on representing local and national developers and investors in the acquisition, development, financing, repositioning, restructuring and disposition of various types of real estate assets, including office, apartment, hotel, retail and residential. Ms. Day has extensive experience in structuring real estate transactions, negotiating joint venture arrangements on behalf of developers and investors, negotiating senior and subordinated securitized and conventional loan arrangements, and in negotiating loan workouts and restructurings. Ms. Day has also represented lenders in real estate and commercial loan originations and loan restructurings and workouts.
Temple University School of Law, J.D. (1989)
Temple University, B.A. (1985)
Ms. Day's representative transactions include:
- Representing multifamily/extended stay owner in the acquisition and/or financing of numerous properties in Philadelphia, Washington, DC and New York City;
- Representing a publicly traded REIT in the financing of multiple regional shopping malls and power centers;
- Representing a prominent multifamily owner in the acquisition, disposition and refinancing of its portfolio properties in the tri-state area;
- Representing one of the largest retail power center operators in the Philadelphia metropolitan area in the financing of multiple power centers and other assets in the Philadelphia region;
- Representing a local real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition, financing and refinancing of numerous office and mixed use properties in the tri-state area;
- Representing a large real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of a national department store chain, a national parking operator and in the acquisition, financing, refinancing and disposition of numerous office, apartment, student housing, condominium and hotel properties; and
- Representing a national commercial bank in the restructuring of a large residential credit facility.