Daniel P. O’Brien advises private and public companies, private equity and real estate funds, private investment partnerships, developers and management companies on mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, debt and equity financing transactions, joint ventures, direct private investments, recapitalizations, securities law, corporate governance, commercial agreements and general corporate matters. Dan frequently serves as outside general counsel on behalf of his clients, many of whom rely on him both for his experience in handling transactional matters and for continuing guidance on corporate and commercial matters. Dan also works closely with colleagues across practice areas, including commercial litigation, labor and employment, environmental, regulatory, tax, insurance coverage and intellectual property to ensure that the delivery of his legal advice is coordinated with each client’s business objectives.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D. (1995)
St. Joseph's University, B.A. (1991)
- Represented private equity fund in $150MM acquisition of NYSE listed engineering services firm.
- Represented the seller in $190MM sale of manufacturer and distributor of infrastructure and facilities maintenance equipment to NYSE listed conglomerate.
- Represented private equity sponsor in $340MM sale of portfolio company to Nasdaq listed public company.
- Represented private equity funds in numerous acquisitions and equity investments .
- Represented private equity sponsors and portfolio companies in numerous acquisition financing, working capital financing, refinancing and debt restructuring transactions.
- Represented general partners in formation, governance and separation matters.
- Represented private investment partnerships in numerous direct private investments, dispositions and restructurings.
- Represented real estate developers, funds and investors in numerous joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions of interests.
- Represented private investment partnership in contested exercise of board stacking rights.
- Represented issuers in private placements and rights offerings.
- Represented private corporation in a freeze out merger transaction.
- Represented numerous manufacturers in connection with the engagement, management or termination of distributors and dealers.
- Represented sponsors in winding up of investment partnerships and restructuring or distribution of remaining investments.
- Advised boards of directors on a wide variety of corporate governance matters.
Represented numerous companies in negotiation, modification or termination of a wide variety of commercial agreements and general corporate matters.