Denise is the co-chair of the real estate and finance department. Her practice focuses on representing local and national developers and investors in the acquisition, development, construction, financing, repositioning, restructuring and disposition of various property types, including office, apartment, hotel, retail, residential, and mixed use. She has extensive experience in structuring real estate transactions, negotiating construction loans and senior and subordinated securitized and conventional loan arrangements, and in negotiating loan workouts and restructurings. She has also represented lenders in real estate and commercial loan originations and loan restructurings and workouts.
- Represented the owner in connection with a $150 million loan for the refinance and redevelopment (rehab) of luxury apartments in Philadelphia, PA.
- Represented the owner in connection with a $122 million loan for the refinance and simultaneous recapitalization of luxury apartments in northern New Jersey.
- Represented the developer in obtaining construction and mezzanine loans to be used for the construction of a 47 story, 108 unit for-sale residential condominium tower in Philadelphia, PA.
- Represented the developer in obtaining a construction loan for the final two phases an apartment complex in Mays Landing, NJ which will add an additional 220 multifamily units to the project.
- Represented the developer in obtaining mortgage and mezzanine loans and a preferred equity investment to be used for the refinance and simultaneous recapitalization of luxury apartments in Philadelphia, PA.
Before joining the firm, Denise was affiliated with a national banking institution, concentrating in real estate financing and special assets workouts.
Temple University School of Law, J.D.
Temple University, B.A.
Awards & Honors
Selected to the “Best of the Bar” list by Philadelphia Business Journal (2019)
News & Events
- Represented multifamily/extended stay owner in the acquisition and/or financing of numerous mixed use properties in Philadelphia, Washington DC, Beverly Hills, New York City and northern New Jersey.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in the financing of multiple regional shopping malls and power centers.
- Represented a prominent multifamily owner in the acquisition, disposition, recapitalization, and refinancing of its portfolio properties in the tristate area.
- Represented one of the largest retail power center operators in the Philadelphia metropolitan area in the financing of multiple power centers and other assets in the Philadelphia region.
- Represented a local real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition, financing, construction, development and refinancing of numerous office and mixed-use properties in the tristate area.
- Represented a large real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of a national department store chain, a national parking operator and in the acquisition, construction, redevelopment, financing, refinancing and disposition of numerous office, apartment, student housing, condominium and hotel properties.
- Represented multiple owners/developers in loans for the ground up construction of student housing properties containing in excess of 2,500 beds located at numerous universities.
- Represented the owner/developer in connection with the acquisition and financing of an 11 building rental apartment portfolio comprised of 500 apartment units and approximately 42 commercial units.
- Represented the owner/developer in loans for the ground up construction of multiple large scale multi-family/extended stay properties in the Philadelphia suburbs.
- Represented the owner/developer in connection with the mortgage and mezzanine refinancing of a Class A apartment complex containing in excess of 1,000 apartment units, ground floor retail, an office building and a parking garage.
- Represented the owner in connection with the refinancing of a hotel, which included new markets tax credits.