Jonathan represents equity investors, owners and developers in commercial real estate transactions, including entity, asset and portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leasing, sale-leasebacks and financings.
Some of Jonathan’s significant representations include:
- Represented a multi-family property development company in the sale of two residential apartment buildings, each valued at more than $20 million, and with each transaction structured as an entity purchase agreement. In addition to the negotiation of the interest purchase agreement and ancillary transaction documents, the representation included substantial negotiation regarding the scope of non-imputation indemnifications required by the purchaser’s title insurance carrier
- Represented a national student housing provider in the acquisition of a 219 unit scattered site apartment portfolio for $31 million, and four separate multi-parcel assemblage acquisitions
- Represented a national real estate developer and investor in the purchase of a $44 million interest in an existing development project, with the transaction structured as an entity purchase and recapitalization
- Acted as real estate counsel for a private equity firm in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a leading convenience store business located in the Midwest. The transaction involved the acquisition of a portfolio of approximately 150 owned and leased convenience stores, and the simultaneous sale-leaseback of approximately 90 of the acquired stores in separate master leases.
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Lead Research Editor, Temple Law Review
- Nat N. Wolfsohn Memorial Award in Real Property
- TASA Prize for Outstanding Performance in the Field of Evidence
- J. Howard Reber Memorial Award
University of Pennsylvania, Masters of Environmental Science
University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
Awards & Honors
Named to the “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” list by Thomson Reuters for Real Estate law (2013-2017)
Articles & Publications
Co-Presenter, “The Ins and Outs of Obtaining Reliable Title and Survey Products,” accredited CLE, February 15, 2017
Co-Presenter, “Inside Assignments & Subletting of Leases: Managing Risks of Sandwich Leases, Upstream Transfers, And Other Workarounds,” accredited CLE, June 15, 2016
Mentioned, “Jonathan E. Maslow Has Been Named A Partner at Klehr Harrison Harvey Branzburg LLP,” January 7, 2016
Mentioned, “Jonathan Maslow Joins Klehr Harrison,” September 15, 2011
Co-author, “Next Steps: The Green Movement Presses Forward,” Shopping Center Legal Update, Fall/Winter 2009
Author, “Changing Captains Midtrip: Pennsylvania and the Substitution of Judges in State Criminal Trials,” 79 Temp. L. Rev. 1355, 2006
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of approximately $410 million of restaurant properties in two separate transactions, and the simultaneous negotiation of divestment agreements covering an additional $590 million of properties. Representation included negotiation of single and master lease divestment leases, and a sale-leaseback component where approximately 18 of the acquired properties were sold to a third party provider and leased back pursuant to a master lease
- Represented a national real estate development and management company in the acquisition of a 250-unit apartment complex for $70 million, including converting the original asset deal into an entity purchase transaction.
- $66.6 million disposition of two mobile home parks, including negotiation of loan assumption agreement
- Due diligence review for $16 million acquisition of four adult health-care facilities
- Dispositions of various multifamily apartment communities valued at over $20 million for a national landlord
- Documenting and closing real estate and asset-based loan transactions for various lenders
- Disposition of 50 low-income housing units as part of a public housing authority planned community
- Drafting and filing various pleading in eminent domain, foreclosure and mechanics’ lien matters
LEED Accredited Professional (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)