Mary Ellen handles a range of commercial and bankruptcy litigation. She has significant experience in the litigation and trial of disputes involving the validity and interpretation of contracts, unfair competition, business defamation, franchise claims, disputes between partners and owners of closely held businesses, employment discrimination and employment-related matters, products liability, construction failure and real estate related litigation, including zoning matters.
Mary Ellen is also experienced in prosecuting claims for encroachment and other business torts, and prosecuting and defending claims in partnership dissolutions. Some of Mary Ellen’s representative engagements include:
- Prosecuting and defending claims and counterclaims for national and international companies in commercial lease disputes
- Prosecuting claims against a debtor-in-possession for buyer of assets of financial services company
- Prosecuting and defending claims and counterclaims in a dispute between a national grocery store chain and its former landlord
- Briefing and arguing issue of first impression involving the taxability by the IRS of Pennsylvania Rule 238
- Defending a national nursing home management company against claims of negligent management and patient abuse
- Prosecuting claims by an international owner of amusement parks for losses arising out of design and construction of a warehouse at one of its regional amusement parks
- Prosecuting claims for fire losses arising out of design and construction of a multi-building apartment complex
- Prosecuting and defending claims concerning design and processing defects, breaches of warranty and violations of consumer protection laws between glass processor and the design/builders of greenhouse sunrooms
- Defending libel claims against publisher of national investment adviser newsletter
- Defending and investment management company in claims of retaliation and age discrimination
- Prosecuting and defending claims and counterclaims for companies and individuals in restrictive covenants and trade secret disputes
In addition to practicing law, Mary Ellen volunteers with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Temple University School of Law, J.D.
Chestnut Hill College, B.A., cum laude
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
Honorable Levy Anderson of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
Awards & Honors
Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” rated