Matthew’s practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate related practice areas including portfolio acquisitions and sales, retail, commercial and office leasing as well as various finance matters, including loan purchase transactions. He regularly handles significant deals for high-rise office buildings, retail shopping centers, restaurants and U.S. corporate headquarters, as well as smaller, complex transactions
Matt has led notable real estate transactions for Klehr over the past decade, including:
- A deal which was recently recognized in Law360 for the successful sale of an ~300,000 sq. ft. class A office building in West Conshohocken, PA for nearly $100 million
- An acquisition, through a merger, of an international parking corporation and led the subsequent disposition of a 130+ portfolio of fee and ground-leased assets in one-off and multi-state portfolio sales
Matt began his legal career at Klehr Harrison as a summer associate.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- Cali Excellence for the Future Award for Commercial Transactions
- Who’s Who of American Law Students
University of Pittsburgh – Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, M.B.A.
Villanova University, B.S.C.
- Alpha Epsilon Delta’s Premedical Honor Society
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- A national private equity fund’s sale-leaseback transaction which, at the time, was the largest retail sale leaseback in U.S. history
- Acquisition and financing of a 268-store department store chain portfolio and subsequent bulk dispositions
- Acquisition of designation rights to a real estate portfolio pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Section 363, which representation included the initial acquisition and financing of the portfolio and subsequent sales and leases
- Landlord’s lease to national restaurant tenant of approximately 25,000 sq. ft. of space in high-rise building in Philadelphia
- Tenant’s lease of 80,000 sq. ft. build-to-suit office building lease in the Navy Yard
- Portfolio sale of student housing apartments (comprising of 20 properties and 110+ units) in the University City section of Philadelphia
- Sale of 200+ unit apartment complex in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia