We represent developers and declarants in forming condominiums and planned communities, both conversions and ground-up developments.
We have extensive experience relating to planned community development and disputes. We have worked on projects large and small for clients in every stakeholder position.
- Declarant/Development. We regularly represent declarants in:
- commercial condominium ground-up development and formation for office uses, retail uses and mixed office, retail and residential uses, for sales of units to third parties
- residential condominium development and formation, as well as condominium conversion of pre-existing structures from commercial to residential for sale of residential units to third parties
- subcondominium conversion and formation of master units for office uses, residential uses, as well as subdivision of declarant units of master condominiums for sales of units to third parties
- the exercise of convertible real estate to add phases, or withdraw phases
- adoption of curative amendment to declarations without unit owner or mortgagee consent
- condominium transitions including “turn over” of control to the Association, assignment of Declarant rights and Special Declarant Rights, restructuring condominiums where development has failed or fractured and Units have not been sold to third parties, and terminating condominiums for strategic purposes
- Mortgagees. We regularly represent mortgagees of condominiums, which have fractured because not all units have been sold to third parties, and mortgagees foreclosing on bulk units.
- Associations. We regularly represent commercial and residential associations in disputes with unit owners over amendments to the declaration, damages to property, and voting control.
- Sole Unit Owners. We regularly represent commercial condominium purchasers and individual unit owners in the acquisition, financing, and development of units, and repurposing uses.